I was nominated for my first blogger award: the Liebster Award! This is a great step to gaining more viewers online and expanding my reach as a blogger.
I would like to thank Blythe Morgan for nominating me for the 2017 award. Blythe is so transparent in her lifestyle blog – from her college life, engagement, and all the things in between. One thing I really like about her blog is how positive she is. She is optimistic even in situations that aren’t ideal and I admire that of her!
| Rules for Liebster Award |
Questions from Blythe
1. What scares you the most? Why?
What scares me is living an unlived life; without travel and experiences. That and getting really ill. I’ve had 3 close family members get cancer (dad, cousin, and grandmother) and 2 of them passed away from it which was really hard for me.
2. Why did you start blogging?
To share my love of fashion with others and to also have an outlet where I can write more in-depth about my life. I’ve gone back and forth journaling but I think online writing is so fascinating and has the potential to reach so many people!
3. Who inspires you the most?
My grandmother. She was so smart, great with money and financials, a giving and selfless person, had a good head on her shoulders, and was a friend anyone would love to have. I miss her everyday; sometimes I just want to call her on the phone or go back to my childhood home and ask her my most perplexing questions because she always had the answer. I want to go shopping together again and just spend 1 more day together. She was the most influential person in my life and best friend.
4. Do you have a favorite teacher/professor? If so, why?
It is hard to choose just one, so many affected my life in amazing and positive ways. A few that stand out are Dave Rebori (P.E.), Sara Wickham (english), Kenneth Snell (college bio), and Janice Ellis-Claypool (health science professor).
5. What have you learned the most about blogging since you started?
I have learned that it is okay to open up to your readers, and be yourself! I think it’s important to be professional but also real. We already see too much edited and disguising in the media and in magazines about RAW, real life, so I think it’s important to relate at a personal level and just say “hey! I am a normal, average person, too! I struggle, laugh, cry, and have big dreams just like anyone else!”
6. What are some of your favorite shows/movies?
I am a huge sucker for a great TV series! Vampire Diaries, Grey’s Anatomy, Lost, Walking Dead, Reign, Sex and The City, Friends, Sons of Anarchy…just to name a few. My favorite movie is Dear John.
7. What is the best book you have ever read?
It’s a 3 way tie between Nineteen Minutes, My Sister’s Keeper, and Dear John. All tear jerker books but I think that says how cultivating the content is and the author’s ability to make you feel that connected with the story.
8. How do you like to spend your Friday night?
Either going out to dinner or just relaxing with my hubby!
9. What makes a “good night” Good?
One where dinner is cooked or taken care of (instead of me frantically trying to figure out what to cook before Jared gets home haha), time is well spent with friends and/or family, and many laughs were shared.
10. What is your biggest goal in life?
To pay off all my student loans, credit cards, and be minimally tied down to payments! Financial freedom is so important to me! Money stresses me out more than anything so I know that once I have reduced my student loans, vehicle payments, etc., that a huge burden will be lifted.
11. What is the #1 thing on your bucket list?
Travel to Europe again! Flying scares me but I would love to go with my husband. There are beautiful countries like Ireland, Scotland, Italy (the list goes on!) that I would love to see first-hand.
Amy Victoria Baldwin: http://amyvictoriabaldwin.com/
Kristy Brown: https://www.kristybrowndesigns.com/
Questions for nominees:
- How would you define success?
- What kind of music do you love?
- What aspirations do you have for writing/blogging?
- What are the takeaways you hope your readers have from your writings?
- Who or what inspired you to write?
- Years from now, where do you hope to be in life?
- What is one thing you want the world to know about you?
- What do you love to read?
- What social media site is your guilty pleasure?
- What do you do when you’re not blogging?
Thank you for reading my answers and blog post!
xoxo – Danielle